A blind septuagenarian has lost her live in a mysterious fire outbreak in Aba, Abia state on Christmas day.
The incident which occurred in Ogbor Hills, a suburb of the city, reportly started from one of the back rooms of one of the buildings located at 64/95 Ikot Ekpene Road at about 4.45pm when most residents had gone out for xmas celebrations.
The inferno was suspected to have been caused by electrical spark.
It was learnt that the blind victim who was in her early 70s was living with one of her daughters when the fire broke out.
Unfortunately, the fire started when the daughter had gone out to a nearby market to purchase food items.
It was gathered that when the daughter and other co-tenants returned, they could not see the woman in the razed apartment and thought she might have narrowly escaped or rescued by other residents but they never knew that their mother and grandmother was burnt to death in the ragging inferno until the following day when they were clearing the debris and found her roasted body.