Hello fam! How are you guys doing? Hope the weekend was really great for you, because it was for me. We shall get serious without preamble today. Like the topic suggests, today’s post is for my lai skeen fam. How are y’all doing? Still shinning bright like a diamond? Cool. So I was thinking about changing my skin color the other day, and I thought I should just read about this stuff before I head on out to Yaba, and then I found out some stuff I thought I should share with you guys.
So everyone sit back, relax and let us learn some things about being lai skeen or moving from dark skin to light skin.
- Skin lightening creams contain illegal compounds of which the most common are high-dose steroids.
- Smoking makes your skin darker.
- Retinoid creams are safe – as they contain vitamin A – and they are highly effective at lightening and clearing skin.
- Skin lightening creams can cause acute thinning of skin.
- Lemon juice and aloe vera are two great homemade and DIY ways to achieve lighter skin colour.
- Continuously lightening the skin or bleaching can lead to mercury poisoning.
- Steroids in some skin lightening creams may increase risk for skin infections, skin thinning, acne, and poor wound healing.
- In the event that bleaching damages skin, the skin becomes darker than it started out being in the first place.
- A milk and lemon soak is also another great homemade tool for achieving light skin.
Yeah; so that’s basically it. Other things that I know you know, but still want to add include the following; if you can’t brighten the whole body, don’t try at all. Don’t have a white face and a black body. I heard there are now people who hate that look and will not hesitate to mock you to death for it. Also, don’t go for the Beyonce or Van Vicker shade of light skinned, be satisfied with your Lupita and Djimon Hounsou shade of awesome, if you know you’re not ready to go all the way for this light skin business. Changing skin color is not something to be taken lightly. Ha ha, see what I did there?