WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging platforms and to use it, you will require a dedicated phone number.
However, if you do not want to use a phone number, there are ways you can maneuver this step. Jovago.com, Africa’s No 1 hotel booking portal shares steps on how to do this.
- If you currently use WhatsApp, it is better you uninstall it if you want to use WhatsApp without a phone number.
- Download and install WhatsApp again
- During the installation process, you will be asked to enter your phone number. Do not enter any number but…
- Switch on your airplane mode and enter your phone number. A verification code will be sent to you, but you will not receive the code since your phone is on flight mode.
- A verification code will be done via SMS and Email. Enter your email while composing a spoof Message-This is a message where the sender can replace his phone number with alphanumeric text. The user has to download the Spoof message app to generate this message. Then click on submit immediately.
- Enter any fake number in the available space for your phone number and fill in your email address message space.
- Your verification code will be sent to the fake number you provided and the number will be automatically verified. This process will override the code and you can start using WhatsApp without a phone number. Do not forget to switch your data.