The Lagos State Government has urged parents and guardians to caution their children to desist from the use of fireworks popularly called ‘banger’ during the festive period, as authorities will deal with whoever is caught decisively.
The General Manager LASEMA, Mr. Michael Akindele, stated this in Alausa. He said sellers of the products will also face the full wrath of the law if apprehended.
He added that a special team comprising the agency, the police and other security operatives has been mobilized to arrest offenders within the ambit of the law for prosecution.
It would be recalled that on December 26, 2012, a fire outbreak at Jankara market was caused by the storage of fireworks in some of the shops, which caused deaths and destroyed properties worth millions of naira.