International beach soccer tournament, Copa Lagos, which began on the 18th of December, came to an end after three days of fun and excitement on the sands at Eko Atlantic after a mind-blowing finale.
Here are all the highlights:
- Defending champions Cote D’ivoire retained their title, after defeating Nigeria, Lebanon and England.
- Nigeria’s Super Sand Eagles came in 2nd ahead of 3rd placed FC Barcelona. The Eagles bounced back from a crushing defeat to Cote D’ivoire on the first day of the tournament to triumph over England and Lebanon in Day 2 and 3.?
- Although, Pepsi Football Academy lost 9-2 to FC Barcelona, the young team’s efforts further reaffirmed the Pepsi brand’s commitment to raising football champions in Nigeria.?
- The Pepsi ‘Man of the Match’ award which was given to Ayo Aina, No. 9 player for the Shooting Stars, Emmanuel Zurlo from FC Barcelona, Clarke from team England, and Oladepo from Nigeria, who also won the best goal keeper award.
- Trophies were presented to the winners of the tournament in an awards ceremony.?
Day 3 closed with a reception at the Pepsi lounge, and a music concert hosted by Do2tun, featuring performances from Naeto C, Falz, YBNL’s Lil Kesh, Pepsi ambassador Seyi Shay, and dance performances by Kaffi.