Ayoleyi Hanniel Solomon, better known by his stage name Reekado Banks, is a Nigerian recording artist, singer and songwriter. He is currently signed to Mavin Records.
See 10 things you should know about Reekado below
- Reekado Banks hails from Ondo State.
- Reekado Banks is the last child from a musical family. His father used to sing and his mother used to dance. Moreover, his elder brother is a producer and his elder sister is a gospel singer. He grew up in a disciplinarian setting due to both of his parents being pastors.
- Reekado Banks graduated secondary school at the age of 14.
- In 2014, Reekado Banks graduated from the University of Lagos with a degree in History and Strategic Study.
- His record deal with Mavin Records came as a result of his brother submitting some of his songs to the label in an online talent search. Reekado Banks got signed to Mavin Records after his entry was selected from over 5000 entries.
- Reekado Banks was declared the Rookie of the Year at The Headies 2014.
- Reekado Banks has cited Don Jazzy, 2face Idibia, DJ Jimmy Jatt, Olamide and M.I as his key musical inspirations.
- Reekado banks derived the stage name Reekado Banks by combining the meanings of the two names; the former part of his stage name translates to “strong ruler”, while the latter part loosely translates to “wealth”.
- Reekado Banks won ‘Next rated’ at Headies 2015.
- Reekado Banks will be live at #WavesJive tonight at club virus