Apple today updated its Apple Store app, introducing new design changes and improvements to its dedicated iOS portal for purchasing Apple products both online and in retail Apple Stores.
Version 5.0 of the new Apple Store app includes what Apple describes as a “more personal, relevant in-store experience” with product and session recommendations, in-stock notices for products marked as favorites, and the option to scan and buy accessories right from the iPhone.
There’s a new sessions tab, which is designed to allow users to find daily Apple Store sessions covering photography, music, and more, along with sessions based on owned products.
A revamped section for orders allows users to view invoices, edit shipping details and engraving messages, and cancel an individual item in an order that includes multiple items.
Apple says the app also offers a “better look” at the savings that customers can get when purchasing refurbished products.
– Unlock a more personal, relevant in-store experience. Get product and session recommendations, see Favorites in stock, and scan and buy accessories right from your iPhone.
– With the Sessions tab, find daily sessions on photography, music, and more to take your creativity further. You can also choose a session based on products you already own.
– Manage your orders in more ways. Now view invoices, edit shipping details and engraving messages, or cancel an individual item in your order.
– Get a better look at the savings that come with buying refurbished products.
– Discover design updates and improvements throughout the app.
The Apple Store app can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]