Fire has gutted a section of Binukonu Ultra Modern Market, Ojota, Lagos in the early hours today, destroying goods and property worth millions of Naira.
The fire, which was believed to have been caused by an electrical fault, started at 1:30a.m and razed over fifty stalls in the market.
At 4:10a.m when newsmen arrived at the scene, firefighters who came with two trucks from the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), were seen putting out the blaze, which was still raging, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), reports.
This was the third fire incident at the market in three years. Previous incidents occurred in 2015 and November 2017.