The rape lawsuit against Russell Simmons by Jennifer Jarosik has been dropped, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Both parties registered a stipulation of dismissal on Wednesday.
Jarosik accused Simmons of rape and filed a $5 million lawsuit in January against the music mogul. Jarosik alleged that she visited Russell at his home in 2016, thinking they were going to talk about a documentary project. Instead, she claims that he suggested the two have sex. She says that after she declined, he reportedly became aggressive, assaulting, and raping her.
In a statement he released on April 4 , Simmons asserted that he and Jarosik had a consensual relationship for years, and that she would regularly send him texts saying she missed him and wanted to see him. Simmons also said that Jarosik only came forward “after hearing that women were able to recover money for real abuse by sexual predators, did Ms. Jarosik decide to see if she could extract large amounts of money” from him.
However, Simmons isn’t free just yet. He’s still dealing with a $10 million suit from an anonymous woman who alleges that he raped her after threatening her son. However, Simmons has called the accusations “vile,” and also believes that the suit is just another shakedown. More than that, Simmons contends that the purported incident happened in the late 1980s, so Jane Doe’s suit is outside the statute of limitations.
Simmons previously told TMZ, “I vehemently deny all the allegations made against me. They have shocked me to my core as I have never been abusive or violent in any way in my relations with women. I have submitted myself to multiple lie detector tests.
I denied forced sex and sexual harassment allegations brought against me in each test; I also answered no to the question, ‘Have you ever physically forced any woman to have sexual intercourse?’ I passed all of the lie detector tests.”