Meghan Markle’s father, Thomas Markle has pulled out of the royal wedding which is set to hold this Saturday, May 19.
TMZ reports that Thomas who suffered a heart attack six days ago, but had checked himself out of the hospital in order to attend the royal wedding will not be walking Meghan down the aisle Saturday … he isn’t going to the wedding at all because of the fallout over selling photos of himself.
Markle says he meant no harm to Meghan or the Royal Family when he made a deal to allow a photo agency to take pics of him getting ready for the wedding. He says he had a reason and it was not principally about money.
He tells TMZ that he had been photographed by the paparazzi frequently after his daughter’s relationship with Harry was revealed, and even more since their engagement was announced in November. He says he did not like the way the photographs portrayed him — he says he was pictured buying beer (which he says was for the guards at the place where he lives.) Orchestrated by his other daughter, Samantha Markle, he posed for photos that he hoped would show him in a more flattering light.
Thomas tells TMZ that he now thinks the photos — which showed him getting fitted for his wedding outfit, reading a book about photos of Great Britain, and looking at pictures of Meghan and Harry — are “stupid and hammy,” and that he was following the instructions of the paparazzi agency in posing the photographs.
He says that his motivation in posing for the photographs was not financial, and that he has turned down several paid interview requests since Meghan and Harry started dating.