Man Killed By Fire After He Sleeps Off While Cooking In His Home

A 60-year-old man, identified only as Monday, has been burnt to death after fire gutted his residence in Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos State.

Man killed by fire

The man dozed off while he was cooking, the gas cooker got burnt, a fire started soon after and it destroyed his properties and razed down his apartment when it wasn’t put out in time.

Officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency and the Lagos State Fire Service responded to a distress call at the apartment and prevented the incident from escalating, Punch reports.

After the fire was put out, the victim’s body was discovered and taken away by officials of the State Environmental Health Monitoring Unit.

A source said, “When emergency workers arrived at the scene,  they discovered that a residential apartment was involved. Investigation showed that the resident of the apartment slept off while cooking.”

UNN Students' Properties Damaged By Rain After Heavy Wind Blows Off Hostel Roof
Serena Williams Withdraws From French Open

What Do You Think?

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.