Singer, R.Kelly is still battling with court cases, following various accusations of sexual assault and molestation by different ladies. The r ‘n’ b star met his waterloo when a documentary titled “Surviving R.Kelly” was aired, which had several ladies who were allegedly molested by the singer speak out on their ordeals.
On Thursday, a Chicago court filed 11 new charges revolved around sexual abuse and assault against the singer. The new set of charges, which Cook County prosecutors filed are said to be the most serious R. Kelly has faced so far. They include four counts of aggravated criminal sexual assault, two counts of criminal sexual assault by force, two counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse and three counts of aggravated sexual abuse against a victim aged 13 to 16. The four aggravated criminal sexual assault charges are classified as Class X felonies and carry a potential prison sentence of up to 30 years.
Speaking with the Sun Times, R. Kelly’s attorney Steve Greenberg said,
“We’ll see what the charges are, and we’ll proceed accordingly. I know this much: it’s old. They’re allegations from years ago.”
R.Kelly is scheduled to appear in court June 6th.